Tuesday, 12 January 2010

Listening

Happy 2010!

I read this today and it just made me laugh. There are bits of the Bible that really ring true and remind me that people can relate to each other even if they live thousands of years apart.

8 And I will bring you to the land I swore with uplifted hand to give to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob. I will give it to you as a possession. I am the LORD.' "

9 Moses reported this to the Israelites, but they did not listen to him because of their discouragement and harsh labor.


Today's New Internation Version (TNIV) © Copyright 2001, 2005 by International Bible Society from Bible Gateway



I laughed because I thought "Yep, even the Israelites at the time of the Exodus didn't listen to God very well" and then I also thought "Yep, when people are worked too hard (such as in sweatshop factories) it's very hard for them to think about anything outside their immediate situation."

And, for something completely different, some time soon I will share a funny story about my Mum & Dad.

Sarah, if you're reading this, I hope everything is going well for you!

No comments: